Webinars are a fantastic way to learn ways to improve your health in the comfort of your home or office. Our webinar series deliver information about healthy lifestyles, diet, exercise, pain management and other key issues related to living with arthritis and osteoporosis. What is also great is that you can ask questions of the expert live.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- 7.30pm, Tuesday 19 July
- 12.30pm, Thursday 28 July
Complementary and Alternative Medicines (CAMs) and Arthritis explores the most common types of alternative therapies claimed to help with Arthritis. To increase your awareness and ability to sift through a the sea of CAM information out there, this webinar will also provide tips on how to look out for fake science and misinformation.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Arthritis and Pain
- 7.30pm, Tuesday 9 August
This workshop will take a deeper dive into what CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) is, how it works, and you will be provided with the opportunity to workshop how you may use CBT in the context of arthritis. This workshop is good for those people who live with arthritis and are wanting to learn how to manage their pain, depressed mood, and/or negative thoughts through challenging and changing the way they think. This is not a therapy session, however, is aimed at providing you with some CBT tools to help manage the mental wellbeing side of a chronic condition.
- 10.30am, Monday 15 August
You asked, we listened! This webinar is geared towards learning about Osteoporosis; what is it, how and who gets it, prevention, treatment, and management. It will also include information about falls prevention.
Exercises for Arthritis: Joint Specific – Part 1: Lower limb – Hip, knee and ankle/foot
- 10.30am, Tuesday 13 September
Exercises for Arthritis: Joint Specific – Part 2: Upper limb – Spine, shoulder and hand
- 10.30am, Tuesday 27 September
Using our Get Moving! PLUS resources, we will be talking about specific joint exercises or movements that may be beneficial to those with arthritis. Some of these exercises will be explained and demonstrated during the session – you can join in!
Arthritis & Co-morbidities
- 9.30am, Monday 10 October
- 6.30pm, Tuesday 18 October
This webinar will:
- provide a broad understanding of the many diverse types of arthritis
- discuss the relationship between types of arthritis with common comorbidities (e.g., fibromyalgia, other autoimmune conditions, lifestyle diseases)
- provide information about health-related issues of long-term medications
Dealing with Your Diagnosis
- 9.30am, Monday 14 November
This webinar will cover:
- information about grief (related to chronic illness), depression, and ways to cope
- how to explain your condition to family and friends (for those with JIA to adult RA, OA and a few others)
- the work environment and arthritis
- tips for caregivers and partners
Rheumatic Autoimmune conditions: Navigating relationships, sex, and family planning
- 6.30pm, Tuesday 22 November
This webinar is specifically targeted to people who have been diagnosed with an RA condition and are looking for information about how to navigate the relationship with their significant other, sex, and family planning. We realise these topics are sensitive and may be hard to talk about it, but they are rea life issues that ASNW feel should be addressed. Please come along to this safe space to learn and share.