Kat Keane, our Health Educator, loves answering your questions!
If you have a question that you would like Kat to answer, please email email@example.com.
Here’s our next Ask Kat question answered:
- I have arthritis in my hand (base of thumb and wrist). Is there anything I can do to stop my arthritic symptoms?
- I like to do my own research on difference products or treatments for my arthritis but I don’t have a science background- how can I tell if what I’m reading is from a trustworthy source or if the study I’m reading is of good quality?
- What is distraction therapy for pain?
- Can you help me with the stress and anxiety associated with having arthritis?
- I have arthritis and I get sore and stiff from yard and house hold work; I thought physical activity was good for me, so why do I feel sore or stiff after physical activity?
- Is there anything I should and shouldn’t be doing when it comes to exercise and chronic pain?
- When I explain to people that I have Psoriatic Arthritis (or insert any other rheumatic autoimmune condition) they don’t understand why I have arthritis, and I feel it’s because I’m young and young people “don’t have arthritis”.
- Do you have any tips on how to sit with good posture? My doctor told me I need to fix my posture to help with my low back and knee pain.
- I’m wanting to do some strength training but I’m not sure what weights to start on or how many reps I should be doing?
- How do I talk to my doctor about medications?
- What are the links between Haemochromatosis and arthritis?
- There is a lot of focus on exercise for osteoarthritis (OA). I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and since RA is different to OA, can I and should I exercise?
- How do I access free and/or subsidised medicare services?
- What are the pros & cons of cortisone injections?
- Please could you explain the whys & hows of the condition known as “fibro-fog” that fibromyalgia sufferers get sometimes? Can it be ameliorated (improved) or even prevented?
If you have a question that you would like Kat to answer, please submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love your feedback!
If there is a topic that you would like covered, you have questions or if you would like to provide feedback, please email Kat, email@example.com or complete the form below.
Arthritis NSW – we’re here to help
We’re here to help whenever you need us. We have a variety of options available for support and information.
- For more BLOG articles about managing your arthritis, please visit our News page here.
- Sign up to eNews to get information and advice on managing your condition
- Call our free helpline on 1800 011 041 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- We are a health charity, help us to deliver our services – donate here
- Join our online community: Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
- Subscribe to our magazine, more info here
- Become a member, more info here