What is Camp Footloose?
Camp Footloose is a unique opportunity for children and young people with arthritis aged 9 to 18 to have fun, meet others who share similar experiences and gain a sense of control over their condition. Our dedicated team of leaders and staff are committed to making the camp an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
Activities at the camp include exciting adventures such as abseiling, flying fox, rock climbing, challenge ropes courses and archery. In addition to the fun, we also offer educational sessions facilitated by qualified health professionals, and nursing staff are available 24/7 to assist with medications and other medical matters that may arise.
Testimonials from Camp Footloose
- “Thank you for everything you and your team have done…She said it was the best week of her life and has come home with more confidence, a new-found sense of independence, and wonderful memories with her new friends.”
- “The leaders are so enthusiastic and kind. I feel that I am leaving my daughter in excellent hands. Very well organised. Many thanks!”
- “Thank you for holding a great camp. I met heaps of great people and had an amazing time.”
- “I learnt that it’s ok to tell people you’re in pain and you need assistance.”
October 2023 Camp Details
Applications for Camp Footloose 2023 are now open!
To ensure your child’s application can be accepted, please read the following information carefully and upload all required items listed below.
Due Date: All forms and payments MUST be received by 19th September 2023
Location and Schedule:
Time & Dates: 14:00am Tuesday, 3 October – 11:00am Saturday, 7 October 2023
Venue: Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation, Wakehurst Pkwy, North Narrabeen NSW 2101
Costs : $500 (Includes: Accommodation, Meals & Activities)
- If your child requires medication to be administered during camp, please download, and fill out a medication chart provided by your GP. Then, scan and attach it as part of the application.
- Current passport quality photos of your child for uploading during the application.
- All medications (including as-needed medications) are to be brought in a Webster Pack to camp. Medication not packed will not be accepted (excluding liquid).
- No injectables will be administered on camp – if your child requires an injection, they should be scheduled prior to or after the dates of camp.
Payments and registration
After completing the payment, one of our staff members will get in touch with you to provide you with an application form. This form includes crucial personal details, emergency contact information, medical history, medication details, dietary requirements, and other essential information.
To ensure your child’s spot at camp, we kindly ask you to complete the necessary forms and submit all required documents as soon as possible, as space is limited, and we cannot confirm your child’s spot until all documents are received.
This year we have two application options for those who require financial assistance.
Option 1: Arthritis NSW understands the financial strain that comes with raising a child with a chronic illness like Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA). To help alleviate this burden, we offer a financial aid program in the form of a subsidy to support families in NSW with a child who has JIA. Our goal is to ensure that every child with JIA has the opportunity to attend camp and benefit from the experience, regardless of financial constraints. If you’re a family with a child who has JIA and are struggling with the cost of attending camp, we encourage you to apply for this program.
Option 2: Additionally, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve been granted funds to provide travel subsidies to families living in rural areas of NSW, as well as families in Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, and Tasmania. If you live interstate or more than 400km drive from the camp location, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for either of these options, please contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll provide you with the necessary application forms. You can choose to apply for one or both forms of assistance, which will be assessed based on your individual needs and circumstances using the application forms provided.
Please keep in mind that submitting an application does not guarantee travel assistance or sponsorship. Due to limited availability, we’ll consider and select applications based on the fit between the family’s needs and the program.
- Complete payment for Camp Footloose below
- Wait for the email containing the link to the camp application form (this should arrive within 1-2 business days)
- Download the medication chart
- Take the medical form to your GP to fill out
- Email the completed medication chart to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get excited for camp!!!