The Empowering You Series is a series of recorded presentations aimed at empowering you with the knowledge to make better, informed decisions about your health, specifically in the context of arthritis. The Empowering You content will be as relevant and reliable as possible, evidence-based and practical to ensure only the right kind of information is passed on.
Reframe your pain
How to Help Your Loved One in Pain
This episode of Empowering You is for the person who is caring for someone in pain. You could be a partner, parent, carer, sibling, guardian or even a teacher of a child. If you are the person in pain – share it with your loved one!
It is the second part to Dealing with Your Diagnosis below.
Dealing with your Diagnosis
This Empowering You episode focuses on a younger population (20-50 years) with rheumatic autoimmune conditions and discusses ways in which to deal with a new diagnosis and disease progression. Three themes are addressed in detail; grief, normalising and validating and tips to deal with your diagnosis for family, friends and partners to effectively help and support a loved one with a rheumatic autoimmune condition.
Identifying Fake Science
This episode aims to empower you to be able to identify fake science so that you can make more informed decisions about products, treatments and management options for your condition.
If there is a topic that you would like covered or if you would like to provide feedback, please email Kat, email@example.com.
Arthritis NSW – we’re here to help
We’re here to help whenever you need us. We have a variety of options available for support and information.
- For more BLOG articles about managing your arthritis, please visit our News page here.
- Sign up to eNews to get information and advice on managing your condition
- Call our free helpline on 1800 011 041 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- We are a health charity, help us to deliver our services – donate here
- Join our online community: Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
- Subscribe to our magazine, more info here
- Become a member, more info here