This program combines the benefits from warm water exercise and land-based strengthening.
Benefits of warm water:
- 32-34 degree temperatures provide a natural pain-relieving affect
- The buoyancy of the water environment takes pressure of loaded arthritic joints
- The combination of the above allows many to increase their exercise tolerance and increase their general fitness and health.
Benefits of land-based exercise:
- Strength training has been shown to reduce potential arthritic pain due to the increase in strength of the muscles surrounding the arthritic joints
- Helps to maintain good joint function/ flexibility and range of motion
- Improves muscle strength and reduced falls.
Arthritis NSW has partnered with HealthStin to facilitate this Program. HealthStin is a team of passionate Allied Health Professionals that are motivated to help the community move better.
Days & Times
- 9.00am Tuesday – Warm water pool session
- 9:00am Thursday – Land-based gym session
$12 per class
Payment is on a per-term basis, and varies depending on the number of classes to be held in any particular term.
The program is run at
Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre
98C Preddys Rd,
Bexley North, NSW 2207
2022 Term Dates
- Term 4: Monday 10 Oct – Saturday 17 Dec
To register, please:
- Click on the box below for the class you would like to attend
- Complete the:
- online registration form including your credit card details
- medical/health screening questions and provide detail on your personal circumstances
*Note* if you respond YES to one of these questions, ANSW will be in contact to advise whether a medical clearance needs to be completed by your G.P.
- review and consent to the Arthritis NSW Participant Policy for important payment and refund information
- You will be sent a confirmation email upon successful payment and inclusion in the program.