This program combines the benefits from warm water exercise and land-based strengthening.
Benefits of warm water:
- 32-34 degree temperatures provide a natural pain-relieving affect
- The buoyancy of the water environment takes pressure of loaded arthritic joints
- The combination of the above allows many to increase their exercise tolerance and increase their general fitness and health.
Benefits of land-based exercise:
- Strength training has been shown to reduce potential arthritic pain due to the increase in strength of the muscles surrounding the arthritic joints
- Helps to maintain good joint function/ flexibility and range of motion
- Improves muscle strength and reduced falls.
Arthritis NSW has partnered with HealthStin to facilitate this Program. HealthStin is a team of passionate Allied Health Professionals that are motivated to help the community move better.
Days & Times
- 9.00am Tuesday – Warm water pool session
- 9:00am Thursday – Land-based gym session
$12 per class
Payment is on a per-term basis, and varies depending on the number of classes to be held in any particular term.
The program is run at
Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre
98C Preddys Rd,
Bexley North, NSW 2207
2022 Term Dates
- Term 1: Monday 31 Jan – Saturday 9 April
- Term 2: Tuesday 26 Apr – Saturday 2 Jul
- Term 3: Monday 18 Jul – Saturday 24 Sep
- Term 4: Monday 10 Oct – Saturday 17 Dec
Registrations for Term 2 are now closed. Registrations for Term 3 will open on Monday 4 July for the classes that have availability. Please keep an eye on our emails for more details or join our waitlist below:
Waitlist: Best of Both Worlds
"*" indicates required fields