Arthritis NSW is seeking an occupational therapist to deliver NDIS Support Services.
Vision: Freedom from Arthritis
Mission: To help people living with Arthritis
Values: Collaborative, Sustainable,Innovative & Outcomes Focussed
Founded in 1967, Arthritis NSW (ANSW) exists to help improve the lives of people suffering from arthritis and related musculoskeletal conditions.
The organisation is a trusted source of evidence-based and up-to-date information on arthritis and its treatment, with education programs delivered across a number of platforms, including webinars, workshops and community awareness sessions, exercise classes and kids camps.
This year, ANSW is also excited to commence provision of support and therapeutic services with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for individuals whose arthritic condition qualifies them for entry into the scheme.
The ANSW health service team is looking to add a dynamic, passionate, customer-centered occupational therapist to provide their skills within our emerging NDIS services.
- Working remotely and within the ANSW office
- Reporting to the Health Services Manager and part of a diverse health services team
- Utilise your occupational therapist skills as a key strategic role on behalf of the organisation as ANSW commences provision of service within the scheme (NDIS)
- The ideal candidate will have experience in performing client facing functions (functional assessments, adaptations to activities for daily living, modifications to environments, reports for scheme qualification), have business development (e.g. capacity to drive increased client volume) acumen and strong administration skills (case notes, reporting etc.).
- Each day will be varied and allow the candidate to utilise a wide variety of skills and functions.
What do we offer:
- Join an awesome team and be part of an organisation with a friendly and supportive work culture
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Fringe benefit tax/ Charity package benefits
- Flexible (including remote) work arrangements.
What we are looking for:
- Has experience working within various health and social benefit schemes (e.g. Medicare, DVA and NDIS)
- Holds current registration with APHRA and has appropriate qualifications
- Excellent communication and strong rapport building skills
- Commercially astute and comfortable meeting individual KPI’s and driving increased sales and client recruitment
- Available to work for 15 -20 hours per week (with capacity for expansion)
- Experience working with diverse populations (e.g. culturally and linguistically).
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please send a brief cover letter detailing your experience (relevant to our required attributes) and a current copy of your C.V. to email@example.com
Alternatively, please call 02 9857 3300 if you would like to discuss the role further.