Following the very successful pilot, Arthritis NSW is happy to introduce Loosen Up.
Arthritis and Dance
Several studies have found people suffering from arthritis had improvement in mobility and joint pain, as well as positive changes in depression, anxiety, fatigue and tension when participating in a dance program once a week.
Benefits of dance
- Boosts your mood
- Improves flexibility
- Improves overall fitness
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
What is Loosen Up?
Loosen Up is a 10-week dance class run via ZOOM and broken into two streams:
Kizomba and Bachata
This is for those that are new to dance or have difficulty standing and walking for extended periods of time. Each week we’ll take you through a new routine, exploring different footwork and movements from these two different dance styles that is largely lower body focused.
Salsa and Afrofusion
This is for those that have taken some dance classes or our Loosen Up program in the past. It includes new choreographies each week that has faster rhythms and more full body dance movements.
Arthritis NSW has partnered with Health Alliance Movement, a community-based clinic for allied health services (Exercise Physiology & Physiotherapist providers) to facilitate this program.
$10 per class
Payment is on a per-term basis, and varies depending on the number of classes to be held in any particular term.
2022 Term Dates
- Term 1: Monday 31 Jan – Saturday 9 April
- Term 2: Tuesday 26 Apr – Saturday 2 Jul
- Term 3: Monday 18 Jul – Saturday 24 Sep
- Term 4: Monday 10 Oct – Saturday 17 Dec
To register, please:
- Click on the box below for the class you would like to attend
- Complete the:
- online registration form including your credit card details
- nine medical/health screening questions and provide detail on your personal circumstances
- *Note* if you respond YES to one of these questions, ANSW will be in contact to advise whether a medical clearance needs to be completed by your G.P.
- review and consent to the Arthritis NSW Participant Policy for important payment and refund information
- You will be sent a confirmation email upon successful payment and inclusion in the program.
- You will be also be sent an email containing the link to the class.
- Keep this email handy as you will need it to login to the class each week
- Download the Zoom app to your computer or device
- Once downloaded, click the class link in the email and it will automatically open the online class