There are many safe and effective medical treatments for arthritic conditions. If you would like further information on a medication you are taking, a new medication that you are starting (or one that has been suggested) we have compiled a list of information resources that you may find helpful.
Australian Rheumatology Association
The ARA has an extensive list of Medicine Information Sheets, developed in conjunction with Arthritis Australia, that can be downloaded.
Visit the Information Sheets here.
NPS Medicinewise was established to help Australians be more medicine wise through digital health and reliable health information for consumers. We’ve highlighted below some of their resources that you may find helpful.
- Medicines Line: 1300 633 424 (Free information for consumers on prescription, over-the-counter and complementary medicines.)
- Adverse Medicine Events Line: 1300 134 237 (Provides consumers with a way to report and discuss adverse experiences with medicines)
- Medicine Finder: Learn more about many types of medicines that are prescribed or recommended for treatment using this online finder. Search by brand or active ingredient
- Download the free MedicineWise app – helps with easily keeping track of your medicines and gives you access to important health info anytime and anywhere, especially in emergencies.
- Medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Side Effects of Methotrexate
- Living with Methotrexate
- Topical medicines for musculoskeletal pain
- Medicines for Pain Relief, what are the options
Arthritis NSW Resources
- Medication Updates – new medication updates and regulatory changes
- Ask Kat: How to talk to your doctor about medications
- Medicines and Arthritis Infosheet
Arthritis NSW – we’re here to help
We’re here to help whenever you need us. We have a variety of options available for support and information.
- Register for our free webinars here
- For more BLOG articles about managing your arthritis, please visit our News page here.
- Sign up to eNews to get information and advice on managing your condition
- Call our free helpline on 1800 011 041 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- We are a health charity, help us to deliver our services – donate here
- Join our online community: Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
- Subscribe to our magazine, more info here
- Become a member, more info here