Kidsflix is a program enabling children with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) and other disabilities to have an ‘out of the ordinary day’ with their families at the movies. In addition to the film screening, family entertainment includes costumed performers, face and hand painting, balloon twisting – and in December, children receive a visit from Santa. Around 6,500 children take part in the program every year at various sites across Sydney and regional areas throughout New South Wales. We are always on the look out for volunteers to help bring a smile to children’s faces during a fun day out at a Kidsflix event. To volunteer with us at Kidsflix, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 02 9857 3300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get tickets to Kidsflix: Call 08 8423 0949 or email email@example.com
- Donate to Kidsflix: Follow this link to donate online
Fun snaps at Kidsflix events
Kidsflix Program 2019
As at 4 February 2019
- 9 March 2019 – Hoyts Warrawong – The LEGO Movie Sequel
- 16 March 2019 – Hoyts Bankstown – The LEGO Movie Sequel
- 18 May 2019 – Hoyts Erina
- 29 June 2019 – Hoyts Blacktown
- 10 August 2019 – Ballina Fair Cinemas
- 18 August 2019 – Hoyts Moore Park
- 9 November 2019 – Hoyts Penrith
- 23 November 2019 – Hoyts Charlestown
- 7 December 2019 – Hoyts Chatswood
Get tickets to Kidsflix: Call 08 8423 0949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at Kidsflix
We are always on the look out for volunteers to help bring a smile to children’s faces during a fun day out at a Kidsflix event. To volunteer with us at Kidsflix, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or on 02 9857 3300.
The NSW Government requires all people who volunteer in child-related work to obtain clearance to work with children by applying for a Working with Children Check (WWCC) through Services NSW. All Kidsflix event volunteers are now required to have a valid Working with Children Check. For more information about the WWCC, please visit the Service NSW website.
To apply for a WWCC:
1. Go to the weblink below and complete the form
2. You will be given a receipt number and will need to go in person to your local motor registry or council to have the check completed.
3. You will need to provide proof of identity and residence (e.g. driver’s licence and utilities bill)
4. Approved Working with Children Checks will be confirmed by email. https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application