Arthritis NSW (ANSW) is here to make a real difference for people dealing with arthritis. We want to work closely with those we serve, and that’s where you come in. We’ve been supporting people living with arthritis for over 50 years, and we’ve always believed in putting your experiences at the heart of what we do.
What’s our CAG?
In 2022, Arthritis NSW took a big step forward by creating the Consumer Advisory Group. This is a valuable way for you to get involved and help us:
- Stay on top of any emerging challenges and needs.
- Identify and test out brand-new services to make sure they are delivering positive impacts to our community users.
- Improve our services based on your feedback and recommendations.
- Address areas where there is a service gap and/or unmet need.
- Get input from a diverse group of people with different skills and backgrounds, so we’re making decisions that work for everyone, no matter their situation.
Being a part of this group is entirely voluntary, and we are intentionally flexible with options on how you might engage with the process.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
This is a chance for individuals with arthritis who:
- Want to share their thoughts and help make services that work better for you and others with similar conditions.
- Want to utilize problem-solving skills and engage in collaboration with ANSW staff and people with a shared vision.
- Want to bring their unique perspective or skills (e.g., vocational skills or experience in remote/rural settings) to help shape the future direction of Arthritis NSW.
What’s expected of you? As part of the Consumer Advisory Group (CAG)
- We aim to meet four times a year, once every quarter, online (eg ZOOM)
- If you can’t make the scheduled meetings, we have options for feedback and discussions via email or private online meetings and phone calls (we ask that you attempt to attend at least two online meetings).
- Your term as a member lasts from a minimum of 1 year to a maximum of 2 years.
- Membership rotations take place in December (for those stepping down) and January (for new members) each year.
If this opportunity excites you, please tell us a bit about yourself via the form below. An Arthritis NSW team member will get in touch with you to explore your suitability.
Let’s work together to make a difference for everyone dealing with arthritis.
"*" indicates required fields