We know all too well that life with arthritis can be daunting, uncertain or overwhelming. Living with arthritis can be a real challenge. Sometimes you just need to speak with someone who has been in your shoes and understands what you’re going through.
Arthritis Assist can connect you with a fully trained peer-mentor who lives with arthritis just like you at a time that suits you. They understand what you’re going through, are there to listen when you need it and can provide the support that’s best for you.
How Arthritis Assist can help
- Free, confidential, and available to anyone in New South Wales living with arthritis
- People who have completed the program in Queensland have reported that they
- feel more supported to manage their arthritis, and
- have much better knowledge of where to find more arthritis information and support.
“I just wanted you to know that I had a great conversation with my mentor yesterday. It was such a comfort to hear of others’ experiences and that I’m not alone. I’ve organised another chat with her next month.” SS, Berry, NSW
Speak with someone who understands
- Complete the form below (which will be managed by Arthritis Queensland)
- We’ll email you a few quick questions to help us find your peer-mentor
- We’ll be in touch with you in 1-2 days to match you with your peer-mentor
- Your peer-mentor will give you a call at a time that suits you!
Can I speak to a Peer-Mentor that has the same type of arthritis as me?
Absolutely! We’ll ask you a few questions to understand the sort of support you need. We’ll then connect you with a Peer-Mentor that is best positioned to help you. From support for Rheumatoid Arthritis to Osteoarthritis and many other types of arthritis, talk to Arthritis NSW today to be connected with the right mentor for you.
Do you offer Peer-Mentors for young adults with arthritis?
Yes, we have a number of fully trained Peer-Mentors who can help support people in NSW of all ages living with arthritis. Whether you’ve been recently diagnosed or have been living with arthritis for many years, we can connect you with a peer that understands your experience.
How quickly will I be connected with an arthritis Peer-Mentor?
Once you’ve contacted us through the below form, we’ll reach out with a few questions to ensure we understand the support you need. This helps us to match you with the best Peer-Mentor for your arthritis and circumstances. Then you’ll be connected with your Peer-Mentor in 1-2 days. It’s that easy!