About Camp Twinkletoes
Camp Twinkletoes is an annual event designed to help families caring for young children with juvenile arthritis. The program has four essential elements:
- Education for parents – talks by health professionals such as paediatric rheumatologist, clinical psychologist and paediatric nurse
- For the child with juvenile arthritis – age appropriate mix of self management strategies and fun activities
- Opportunity for whole family bonding
- Experience-sharing between families
For a family with a newly diagnosed child, the future is uncertain. Camp Twinkletoes supports families to adapt to this uncertainty and build the mental strength to care for their children in the most positive way possible.
Who is Camp Twinkletoes for?
- Children with juvenile arthritis 9 years old & under, accompanied by a parent or carer.
- Family members, siblings, extended family and close friends are also welcome.
In light of the growing concerns about the spread and impacts of the COVID-19 virus, and following Australian Government advice, ANSW will be rescheduling these camps when possible. People who have registered for these camps will be contacted directly.
You can complete the form below to register your interest and once the camps are rescheduled, we will be in touch.
Camp Twinkletoes Rural – Dubbo – cancelled
Dates: Saturday, 23 May 2020
Venue: Lazy River Estate, Dubbo
Camp Twinkletoes – North Ryde, Sydney – cancelled
Dates: Saturday, 30 May 2020
Venue: The Ranch
If you have any questions about attending Camp Twinkletoes, please contact our Camp Coordinator on 02 9857 3300.
Watch the video below from Camp Twinkletes 2019.
More information about our Camps for Kids
Based on learning about the impact of JIA conducted in 2018, the program centres around education in 3 primary areas – physical, social and emotional.
The parent program will include talks from:
- Paediatric rheumatologist – physical/medical management of the condition
- Paediatric Clinical Consultant Nurse – a discussion and group based workshop on creating environments that foster a child’s confidence to express themselves about their condition at school or with peers
- Clinical psychologist – understanding pain, anxiety and mindfulness
- Potential Fourth speaker – to be confirmed
There will also be ample opportunity for Q&As during each session and families will be encouraged to share their experiences.
- Crazy Critters Experience – Aussie animal encounter
- Yoga & stretching session
- Expressive art & craft
- Opportunity to interact with older children with JIA who will be volunteering
If you have any questions about attending Camp Twinkletoes,
please contact our Camp Coordinator on 02 9857 3300.
If you are interested in being a volunteer at Camp Twinkletoes,
please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 02 9857 3300.
To discuss opportunities to sponsor our camps for children,
please contact our Business Development Manager on 02 9857 3300.
Can you help support next year’s Camp Twinkletoes?
Juvenile arthritis now affects one in every 1,000 Australian children but only 30 young people were able to attend this year’s Camp Footloose. We would love to accommodate more campers each year, as well as offer camps in rural areas. Funding is the highest barrier, but you can help by supporting our Kids Camp Winter Appeal.