What are the community education programs?
For people living with a chronic health condition such as arthritis, the health system can seem impersonal and impractical. An inhibiting factor to patients feeling involved in their own health care is the prevailing medical model that sees the patient as a passive recipient of treatment and advice. The clinical nature of medical care doesn’t take sufficient account of how people live their lives or how they’d like to. The focus is on managing disease, not promoting well-being. Community-based education programs play an important role in promoting the effective self-management of chronic health conditions such as arthritis.
How can it help me?
When delivered by a trusted organisation such as Arthritis NSW, there are multiple benefits for participants:
- a better understanding of their disease – the causes and affects
- knowledge about self-managements strategies
- skills and tips on how to implement self-management strategies
- opportunities for peer education and support
- ability to connect with the health-trained facilitator for further referral
- evidence-based and consumer friendly information resources for ongoing reference
- confidence and motivation to initiate beneficial lifestyle change.
Our Free Monthly Webinars
Webinars are a fantastic way to learn ways to improve your health in the comfort of your home or office. Our webinar series deliver information about healthy lifestyles, diet, exercise, pain management and other key issues related to living with arthritis and osteoporosis. What is also great is that you can ask questions of the expert live.
Registrations for 2023 Webinar Program will open in early 2023. Please provide your contact details and we will contact you when registrations open.
"*" indicates required fields